Submit your story to re:tell, our student publication.
A vital part of wellness is being able to share our stories. Especially right now, in the time of COVID-19, we are asking for students nationwide to share personal tales about how COVID-19, and all the changes that have come along with it, is impacting their mental health. Read past submissions here.
- You must be enrolled at a post-secondary institution or have recently attended one.
- Submissions should be 500 to 1,000 words.
- Content must be about your life as a student and must use respectful and inclusive language.
- Submissions must include a title.
- Submissions (and titles) may be subject to edits or modifications by our editorial team.
- You may request to have your submission shared anonymously. If this is the case, please indicate this in your submission.
- Our team will confirm the receipt of your submission.
- We’ll then review your submissions and select those for publication.
- Successful submissions will be published weekly.
- You will be notified if your submission is published.
If you’re stuck, here are some ideas of what to write about:
- Tell us the most challenging part of starting post-secondary studies
- Tell us how have had to evolve during your time as a student
- Tell us how you maintain your mental health through busy semesters, exams, summers off, etc.
- Tell us what resources have helped you get through
- Tell us about dating as a student or about getting through a breakup
- Tell us about being far from home or finally finding home
- Tell us about living with your family while studying
- Tell us about going back as a mature student