Real Campus benefits are available for domestic and international students at Lakehead University.
Your mind matters. A lot.
As a domestic student at either campus of Lakehead University, you have access to Real Campus benefits.
That means that you have access to therapy, counselling, courses, tools and events to improve your health and wellness.
Plus, there’s no additional cost to you!
A HELPLINE & APP
COURSES & WEBINARS
BLOGS, VIDEOS & SOCIAL POSTS
EXPERiENTIAL ON-CAMPUS EVENTS
CONFIDENTIAL & PRIVATE
EXCLUSIVE LEADERS GROUP
DID YOU KNOW?
Of Canadian students experienced overwhelming anxiety in the past year.
of Canadian students FELT so depressed in the LAST year it was difficult to function.
Therapy is proven to increase your happiness, improve your motivation, and help you to better understand yourself.
- Clinical social workers with extensive experience in supporting students of all ages, backgrounds, and lifestyles.
- They are available on-demand between 8am and 8pm virtually, or face-to-face in your community.
- Therapy is short-term and solution-oriented.
- Sessions are confidentential.
- Academic Counsellors to help you with your study habits and time management.
- Career Counsellors to support your career planning.
- Legal Advisors to provide guidance on any legal challenges.
- Nutritional Counsellors to help you develop healthy habits.
- Financial Counsellors to help you manage your money, debt, and get you on the right path.
- …And more!
- A free course that helps you take care of yourself, Re-Think Self Care
- Monthly live webinar coaching sessions on building habits to support wellness
- Over 50 instructional blogs and videos are available anytime, with more being added weekly
- Exclusive campus events and experiences dedicated to normalizing mental health struggles and providing a shared sense of improvement.
ACCESSING CARE IS FAST & EASY
WANT SOME HOMEWORK?
WHO IS BEHIND REAL CAMPUS?
HOW ABOUT SOME READING?
Did you know that having dinner together as a family can improve your child’s quality of life? Research shows that these benefits continue from childhood well into adulthood. The Covid-19 pandemic is not only an epidemiological crisis but a psychological one too,...
Most people regularly schedule their therapy much like they do hair appointments. But are your mental health needs as consistent as your hair growth? In this case, one size does not fit all. Good thing there are other approaches that deliver results! Shift is proud to...
Is social isolation a recipe for loneliness? We don’t think so. Sometimes we find ourselves feeling alone in a dark place. Sometimes it shows up with thoughts suggesting that no one loves us or cares about us, our experiences or our feelings. Other times, we feel an...
DID YOU KNOW?
You have access to on-demand 30-minute therapy sessions through the Maple app, available everyday from 8am to 8pm EST.
What’s on Lakehead’s campuses for me?
Want to get involved on campus?
There are a bunch of clubs at Lakehead’s Thunder Bay and Orillia campuses. Many of them are keenly focused on health and wellness.
REACH OUT TODAY